Family and Nature Club (April - August)
- Maine Outdoor School
- Whole Family
We have partnered with Downeast Coastal Conservancy (DCC) to start a community-based Family Nature Club. This club will be a series of several educational outings that allow participants to learn and play together outside while visiting DCC preserves throughout Washington County.
Each Family Nature Club outing will be 2 hours in length and locations will vary from Steuben to Lubec. The activities are designed for youth aged 9-14, but all members of your family are welcome: younger siblings, older siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles – you name them! The club is totally FREE, and you can join at any time – there is no long-term commitment and you don’t have to attend every outing.
Registration is required and COVID-19 guidelines will be followed.
Upcoming outing dates are:
• Ingersoll Point Preserve, Addison; Saturday, 4/24, 2-4pm
• Middle River Park, Machias; Saturday, 5/8, 1-3pm
• Pike Lands, Lubec; Saturday, 6/5, 1-3pm
• Pigeon Hill, Steuben; Wednesday, 7/7, 3-5pm
• Mowry Beach, Lubec; Saturday, 7/17, 10am-12pm
• Machias River Preserve, Machias; Friday, 8/6, 2-4pm
• Tide Mill Creek, Jonesboro; Sunday, 8/15, 1-3pm
• Klondike Mountain, Lubec; Friday, 8/20, 1-3pm